- THE DPA & GDPR MAY 2018 We and this website comply to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
- DATA BREACH If there is a data breach, we will contact our database within 72 hours of having being notified of this at our end.
- WEBSITE VISITOR TRACKING This website uses tracking software to monitor, anonymously, its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computers hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
- PLUGINS COLLECTING DATA If we collect any data from you it is only for the purpose of meeting your needs and it will be stated upon the point of the data entry what it shall be used for. For example, if you are making a booking we will require your name, email and possibly your contact telephone number in order to process your request. We will only use the data for the purpose it serves. We will not share this data with any 3rd party. Only individuals who are permitted to access this data will use it and use it only for the purpose it serves, for example booking an appointment or course. These individuals are aware of their responsibilities under the GDPR guidelines. Should you wish a copy of your data that we have or you wish us to delete your data you can contact us here and state your request. Please be aware that deletion of data may mean that we cannot process your request.
- PAYMENT DATA
We do not collect any payment details on our website.
- DOWNLOADS & MEDIA FILESAny downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been taken to ensure only genuine downloads are available, users are advised to verify their authenticity using third-party anti-virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third-party anti-virus software or similar applications.
- CONTACT & COMMUNICATION WITH USUsers contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely. We will not sell your data to any 3rd party.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
- EMAIL MAILING LIST & MARKETING MESSAGESWe operate an email mailing list program that is used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through a 2-step verification online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages (or unsubscribe from all Mailchimp lists). The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and whether it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
- EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS & THIRD PARTIESAlthough we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text/ banner/image links to other websites, similar to; Cottage by the River or www.celticinst.com.
Shortened URL’s; URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
- SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY & USAGE
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify the authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
- RESOURCES & FURTHER INFORMATIONOverview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
The Guide to the PECR 2003
Should you wish to see what data we hold about you on file (if applicable) or you wish us to delete any data we hold on then contact us here and state your request. Please be aware that deletion of data may mean that we cannot process your request eg. bookings, enquiries etc.
Ready to book?
Begin your Highland adventure here. Gaby and Gus cannot wait to welcome you aboard.