Terms and Conditions
Highland lassie Island Cruises here and after referred to HILC of Canal Side, Dochgarroch, Inverness, IV3 8JG, United Kingdom Registered in Scotland under Limited Company SC577305. All cruises with us organised and sold subject to these conditions. By booking one of our cruises or taking a whole boat charter you are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions.
- HLIC gives notice that arrangements made by us are on the condition that we shall have no liability for any death, injury or damage, loss, delay or irregularity which may be caused by persons or conditions out of our control. We cannot be held responsible for any mishap to self or property, any losses or additional expense due to consequences of flight cancellations, vehicle accidents, strikes, sickness, war, weather, government or customs or police intervention, or any such happening amounting to Forde Majeure. HLIS and its crew are covered by public liability insurance up to a maximum of £30,000. In any one event. By signing our booking form, you acknowledge that HLIC has taken all reasonable steps with regards to our liability.
- A booking will only be accepted once the booking form and non-refundable deposit of 20% has been received. Provisional bookings by phone and email will be held for a period of 5 days pending receipt of the booking form and deposit. Confirmation and invoice for the balance which will advise you of the date balance payment is due. Persons making a booking on behalf of passengers warrants and confirms that he/she has the authority and that each such passenger agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. Payments in GBP only.
- Debit or Credit Card. (We do not accept American Express).
- Bank Transfers/BACS (Sort Code 402266. Account number 50096210. BAN GB74HBUK40226650096210. Branch BIC HBCUKGB4193D). (Please note there may be bank charges incurred).
- Cancellation must be notified to us in writing by the person who made the booking. Cancelling your holiday
- More than 84 days prior to the start of your cruise you will only be charged your deposit.
- Between 84 and 42 days, you will be charged 50% of the cruise cost.
- Between 42 and 21 days, you will be charged 75% of the cruise cost.
- Less than 21 days before the starts of your cruise, on or after the commencement of the cruise, the full payment will be due. Note: We appreciate that unforeseen events may result in cancellations we would therefor strongly advise, for your peace of mind, you take out appropriate comprehension accident and cancellation insurance.
- Amendments/cancelation/administration fee
HLIC reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £30 in respect of any changes made after receipt of the assigned booking form.
- Change of Date of Cruise
Although HLIC will help you change your cruise booking dates we do not have any obligation to do so. We will be unable to change your cruise booking date to a cruise of a lesser value.
- Change to Cruise Itinerary
HLIC reserved the right to change the cruise itinerary due to adverse weather conditions or circumstances out of our control prior to and throughout the duration of the cruise.
- Cancellations by Highland Lassie Island Cruises
If we cannot provide the cruise booked or suitable cruises owing to circumstances beyond our control, we will refund all money paid in full and you will have no further claim against us. In this instance, we are not liable for any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking e.g., travel expenses, insurance etc.
- By completing the booking form, you are declaring that all persons on whose behalf you are booking are in good health and sufficiently fit, mobile and agile. Any special health conditions or concerns must be notified prior to booking. We reserve the right to refuse any passenger or luggage for any cause relating to the safety of the vessel or any property or persons onboard. In such circumstances, the passenger will not be entitled to any compensation or payment except we shall refund the passenger any monies paid in respect of the cruise.
- No unaccompanied children under the age of 16 can be carried. No children under the age of 12 will be carried. No animals will be carried.
- It is a booking condition that you accept that in taking part in our cruise there is an element of flexibility. The itinerary stated on our website or that of others, are indicative only and is not a guarantee that that particular route will be followed. Please be aware that delays and alterations and their results such as inconvenience and discomfort are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise. HLIC reserves the right to vary the cruise in any way we consider preferable due to adverse weather or other circumstances beyond our control. The skipper has the ultimate decision regarding safety for the vessel and crew.
- In the unlikely event that you have a complaint please report it immediately and we will attempt to resolve the issue. If however the issue cannot be resolved and the passenger wishes to peruse the complaint we ask that it would be put in writing to the company within 28 days of disembarkation. Any claims, disputes, legal action or preceding arising out or in connection with a booking contract will be governed by the laws of Scotland.
Ready to book?
Begin your Highland adventure here. Join Gaby and Gus for memories to cherish for a lifetime.